Floor Care Products
Things to Consider…
THE BEST HARDWOOD FLOOR CLEANERS (AND WHEN TO USE THEM).
Tackle spills, spots and scratches the right way, with these essential cleaning tips.
Everyday Hardwood Floor CareBruce® Hardwood & Laminate Floor Cleaner
Regularly clean up dirt and dust with a broom, dust mop or your vacuum’s wand attachment. For spills or spots, spray product and wipe up with a damp cloth or terrycloth swivel-head mop. For large areas, mist on product then wipe clean and dry with a swivel-head mop or soft towel. We do not recommend mopping with water.
Dirt and SpillsBruce® Hardwood & Laminate Floor Cleaner
Lightly spray on surface and wipe clean using a sponge mop or soft cloth. No rinsing necessary, but dry any excess cleaner immediately with a clean towel.
Spots Caused by Food, Water, Animals, Grease, Lipstick, Crayon, Ink, Rubber SolesBruce® Hardwood & Laminate Floor Cleaner
Apply to a clean, soft cloth and rub the spot. For tough stains, try using a cloth dampened with mineral spirits, then clean again with the Bruce® product.
Stuck-On Chewing Gum and Candle WaxBruce® Hardwood & Laminate Floor Cleaner
Freeze with a sealed bag of ice until the gum or wax easily crumbles off. Then spray product and wipe with a clean cloth.
Minor Scratches and AbrasionsArmstrong® Touch-Up Kit or Bruce® Fresh Finish™
The Armstrong kit’s markers or filler sticks easily touch up small scratches. To recondition larger worn-out areas, use Bruce® Fresh Finish.
Deep Scratches and GougesArmstrong® Acrylic Fillers
Use this product to fill in gaps, small openings and broken edges on your own. For heavy damage, ask a professional flooring installer about replacing individual boards.
Need help? Refer to your Bruce® flooring warranty, or call us at 1-866-243-2726 for assistance and product recommendations.
DOS AND DON’TS FOR CLEANING YOUR HARDWOOD FLOORS.
Keep your Bruce floors looking and performing their best with a simple hardwood floor cleaning routine.
DO clean up any spills or tracked-in dirt immediately.
DO sweep, dust mop or vacuum regularly to keep floors free of dust and dirt.
DO use the wand attachment if you vacuum. Or at very least switch your settings to “bare floor” or disengage the beater bar to avoid possible damage.
DO clean hardwood floors occasionally with Bruce® Hardwood & Laminate Floor Cleaner, using a soft-covered swivel-head mop.
DON’T use water or steam on hardwood floors.
DON’T clean your floors with products that can damage them, like ammonia-based or wax-based cleaners, detergents, bleach, polishes, oil soaps, abrasive cleaning soaps, or acidic substances like vinegar.
HOW TO KEEP YOUR HARDWOOD FLOORING IN TIP-TOP SHAPE
Your floors can stay beautiful for many years if you take these easy steps to protect them.
- Keep it clean. Wipe up spills immediately, and use floor-safe cleaning products.
- Use mats. Reduce the dirt and moisture that get tracked inside—place natural or colorfast mats outside each entrance. Avoid rubber, foam back, or plastic mats, which can cause discoloration.
- Trim your pets’ nails. This will help minimize scratches.
- Use floor protectors under furniture legs. They should be at least an inch wide and made of non-staining felt or hard plastic.
- Protect floors when moving. Lay down plywood and “walk” furniture or appliances across it. Instead of hard, narrow furniture rollers, use wide rubber ones.
- Minimize direct sunlight. Throw rugs and curtains can help.
- Adopt a shoes-off policy. Pointy heels, heel taps or small stones stuck in shoe treads can gouge or scratch hardwood.
Questions about our floor care ingredients?
See all ingredient information for our floor care products at the link below.
Floor Care Product Ingredients