As the industry’s leading North American hardwood flooring manufacturer, Armstrong (Bruce is an Armstrong brand) has a vested interest in protecting the forests where our raw materials come from.
Over 90% of our volume is manufactured here in the U.S. using local raw materials, enhancing the sustainability of our national hardwoods. Our strategy requires that we protect the communities where we extract, process, and manufacture our wood products. Our goal is to support sustainable forest management practices globally, including planting trees to replenish what we harvest.View Armstrong Sustainability and Community Involvement
- Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certification available for selected solid and engineered hardwood products.
- Our engineered wood flooring is certified as a low-emitting (low VOC) wood product.
All Bruce laminate products contribute to the MR6.0 LEED rating system by containing a high percentage of renewable fiber sources.
Our Premium collections contain recycled content and contribute to MR4.0.
- Efficient manufacturing products sized to maximize board yield
- Manufacturing process utilizes more of the tree vs. typical wood flooring manufacturing
- Qualified as a low-emitting product