1. Draw a simple outline of your room with:
- Room exits
- Adjoining room floors – type and color
2. Take room measurements.
3. Browse Bruce products online.
4. Collect photos of room scenes you like or take pictures of the room where your new floor will be installed.
AT THE STORE
What the SALESPERSON may ask you:
- Is there light or heavy traffic in this room?
- What is the room used for?
- Do you have children or pets?
- How long do you want the floor to last?
- Is there a door to the outside in the room?
- Do you have a color in mind?
- What are the room's lighting sources?
- What types of furnishings do you have?
- What's the style of the room? Traditional? Contemporary? Rustic?
What YOU may want to ask the salesperson:
- Do you charge for estimates?
- Are samples available to take home?
- How much do samples cost?
- What type of underlayment is required?
- What warranties are provided?
- What is the cost for a professional installation?
- What is the installation method?
- Who handles appliance and fixture removal and replacement?
- Who disposes of old flooring? What’s the charge?
- Are new moldings, wall base, and toe kick required?
- Will the new flooring add height to the room?
- Are your installers certified?