Laminate Floor Cleaning and Maintenance
Proper laminate cleaning and maintenance will help ensure your floor always looks its best. Simply follow the easy care steps and quick fix tips outlined below.
Laminate Care Instructions
How to Clean Laminate Floors
- Use recommended Armstrong laminate floor cleaners.
- Vacuum, use a dust mop or wipe with a damp cloth.
- For spills, just wipe up with a cloth or sponge.
- Allow time for floor to dry after washing.
- Immediately wipe up wet areas from spills, foreign substances, or wet feet.
How to Protect Laminate Floors
- Place a natural or colorfast mat at outside entrances to collect tracked-in dirt and absorb excess moisture.
- For added indentation resistance, use Armstrong or Bruce felt floor protectors on chairs and other furniture. As a general rule of thumb, the heavier the item, the wider the floor protector should be.